Cam Newton wants to win football games. He did the best he could in his last game versus the Saints. Cam threw for 224 yards and two touchdowns while also running for another score.
Newton has accounted for every touchdown but one that the Panthers have scored this season. Incredible. The touchdown total for the season is at 12 and continuing to climb.
Dare we call Newton the best rookie quarterback ever? Too soon?
The rest of the top-10:
2. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals- He continues to make big plays in Cincy. Evident by his 37-yard touchdown catch from Andy Dalton.
3. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons-Jones leads all rookies in catches, but cannot seem to find the endzone.
4. Andy Dalton, QB, Bengals-He has led the Bengals to a 3-2 record, but needs to cut down on his interceptions. If he keeps throwing to Green, he will be fine.
5. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints- Ingram scored for the second time against the Panthers, but he needs to raise his YPC average considerably.
6. Doug Baldwin, WR, Seahawks- Baldwin has been a surprise so far this season and may be the number one target in Seattle. His stats say he is.
7. Daniel Thomas, RB, Dolphins- If Thomas can stay on the field, he will be one of the top rookies.
8. Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Bears- Jay Cutler continues to look for Dane Sanzenbacher. I do not see this connection going sour anytime soon.
9. Blaine Gabbert, QB, Jaguars- He has had a tough couple of outings, but his stats are still worthy of top ten.
10. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots- He needs to do more than last week to stay in the top ten next week.