It is easy for fantasy owners not to care about bye weeks during fantasy drafts. Take the best player available, regardless of the bye week. You can always find a replacement on the waiver wire, or just tank one week and win the rest.
Easy, unless your fantasy team has started the 2011 season at the bottom on your league(s).
With bye weeks hitting the schedule this weekend in the NFL, some fantasy owners are in panic mode after lackluster starts. Hard to ride out the bye weeks when there are injuries and underwhelming players with which to deal.
Luckily, there is a place to go for help when your fantasy team is struggling with bye weeks. It is called the waiver wire. And while the options there sometimes feel a little cheap and second-hand, fantasy owners sometimes can find the right fit for a one-week spot filler.
Week 6 Byes: Cardinals, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks, Titans
Earnest Graham v. Saints
No LaGarrette Blount should give Graham plenty of touches. Good start in PPR formats especially.
Victor Cruz v. Bills
Likely off the wire in most leagues, but I still see him hanging around in some.
James Jones v. Rams
Playing the hot hand, Jones now has back-to-back solid fantasy football outputs. Re-emerging in the offense.
Here are today’s great reads:
- If you missed it yesterday — and it was impossible to miss if you use Twitter — Tim Tebow was named the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos going forward. Also, if you missed that news, you likely also missed out on grabbing Tebow off the waiver wire in all of your leagues. [Roto Arcade]
- More on this week’s popular waiver wire pickups, if you need something else to read about the players you claimed/missed out on this morning in fantasy leagues. There are additional recommendations here for bye week replacements as well. The Big Lead]
- What if LeBron James joined the NFL? Rumors are swirling after a King James tweet yesterday. In really, really, really ridiculously deep leagues I would consider a speculative pickup for the shock value alone. But I am talking DEEP leagues only here (16+ team dynasty leagues, if those even exist) and you probably will not even be able to find him in your list of free agents. [Shutdown Corner]
- The first in-season NFL trade of significance happened yesterday, and I have fantasy football leagues that have not had any trades yet. The Jets dealt Derrick Mason to the Texans for a draft pick. Mason was out of the lineup most of Sunday against New England after a report that he approached Rex Ryan about the offensive play-calling. [ProFootballTalk]
- Buy low, sell high targets for Week 6. Not sure that I agree with Darren McFadden being a buy low. Sure he is not reaching the endzone like a top back at the moment, but he still fills up the stat sheet nicely. Doubt you are going to be able to convince a DMC owner to sell him cheaply. [RazzBall]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.