All other seasons, The Hazean’s fantasy rookie of the year was not decided until after 17 grueling weeks known as an NFL full season. But after four weeks this season, Cam Newton might already have the award.
Newton has thrown for 1,386 yards and five touchdowns while also rushing for another 133 yards and four scores. He currently is on pace to break Peyton Manning‘s rookie passing records. He does have decent options helping him on offense including star receiver Steve Smith, but Smith was made relevant again by Newton’s presence.
I’m not going to officially give the award to Newton after four weeks in case of an injury or rough patch, but Newton is as close as a person could have been at this point in the season.
The other guys:
2. Andy Dalton, QB, Bengals- 868 yards passing with 4 touchdowns
3. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals- 19 receptions 312 yards receiving with 2 touchdowns
4. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons- 24 receptions 342 yards receiving
5. Denarius Moore, WR, Raiders- 12 receptions 199 yards receiving with 2 touchdowns
6. Daniel Thomas, RB, Dolphins- 41 carries 202 yards rushing in only 2 games
7. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints- 53 carries 184 yards rushing with 1 touchdown
8. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots- 18 carries 148 yards rushing with 1 touchdown
9. Doug Baldwin, WR, Seahawks- 12 receptions 194 yards with 1 touchdown
10. Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Bears- 10 receptions 82 yards with 2 touchdowns.