Time to start busting out some rankings.
My first draft of the summer is less than two weeks away and I have not even started on my cheat sheets yet (gasp!). So to help me start preparing, I am going to bust out some top-10 rankings this week for the major fantasy football positions.
Top 10 Quarterbacks
1. Adrian Peterson, Vikings: I had him No. 2 as recently as last week, but I think his consistency as a fantasy running back is starting to win out again this summer.
2. Arian Foster, Texans: One of the other reasons I knocked Foster down to No. 2 is that he just lost his fullback from last season, Vonta Leach. Not a good sign heading into the season.
3. Ray Rice, Ravens: And that brings us to Rice, who I think could end the season as the best fantasy running back. He also is the recipient of Leach’s services.
4. Chris Johnson, Titans: Did not have much help last year from the quarterback position, so hopefully the addition of Matt Hasselbeck steadies that position for Johnson.
5. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs: I am wary of Charles, I will admit that. But of all the players left, he has the most potential to pop off any given week.
6. Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers: Look, there is no one else here to steal carries from Mendenhall. So if he does not finish the season as an elite runner, it is all his fault (unless he gets hurt of course).
7. Michael Turner, Falcons: To be honest, I am not in love with his spot here. But this is my hope: Turner stays healthy all year long and cashes in on a passing game which should promote scoring opportunities.
8. LeSean McCoy, Eagles: I liked him more before the Ronnie Brown signing yesterday.
9. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars: The knee is a huge concern. Some experts have him in the 30s!
10. Frank Gore, 49ers: Coming of another injury, Gore still has the potential and relatively fresh legs to be a dominant back. Injury concerns, though, are overwhelming.
Here are today’s great reads:
- Seattle continues to overhaul its offense this offseason. First Tarvaris Jackson, then Sidney Rice. And now they have added pass-catching tight end Zach Miller to the fold. Hopefully the Seahawks can get the No. 1 pick next year and give all these weapons to Andrew Luck! [Roto Arcade]
- Got a funny feeling in the pit of my belly this morning that Knowshon Moreno is going to have his breakout season, and then I saw that story! Fellow TH writer and fan of the Broncos Bryan shot my theory down though, saying that Moreno’s deficiencies in short-yardage situations are going to be his downfall. [RotoProfessor]
- Try not to get too giddy about Reggie Bush in Miami. I really think Sean Payton, being an innovative offensive-minded coach, got the most out of Bush’s skill set. I just do not see how he fits into that Miami offense. [The Big Lead]
- More on non-sleeper tight end Jimmy Graham. I was really, really hoping he would stay under the radar but the Saints canceled that plan back in the early spring when they sent Jeremy Shockey packing. [Fantasy Douche]
- Just a note in passing … Randy Moss retired. That is all. [The Big Lead]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.