You know fantasy football season is about to start when the search phrase “best fantasy football team names” starts driving boat loads of traffic to your website.
So when I started seeing The Hazean’s numbers climb as the summer months went on, it was just a gentle reminder that we all are about to begin another fake football journey together. And the one thing we love almost as much as draft day itself is our fantasy football team names.
Even more than that, we love sharing our best fantasy football team names with others.
So this, the Hazean’s Best Fantasy Football Team Name Contest, is back again this summer for you—the fantasy owners out there—to share your best and brightest team names with the rest of our readers. And now it is time for you to vote for the best fantasy football team name submitted during the month of August.
Best fantasy football team name?
- This is a McCluster Funk (29%, 20 Votes)
- Somewhere Over the Dwayne Bowe (26%, 18 Votes)
- Live Free or Addai Hard (19%, 13 Votes)
- Napoleon BonerParty (9%, 6 Votes)
- Too Favre Gone (7%, 5 Votes)
- Belichick Magnets (4%, 3 Votes)
- Glen Coffee’s Congregation (6%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 68
Thanks for voting. July’s winner can be seen here.
Last summer’s winners can be found below:
- June 2009 best fantasy football team name : Romo Sexual
- July 2009 best fantasy football team name : Forgetting Brandon Marshall
- August 2009 best fantasy football team name : Kendra’s Fun Basketts
After the August winner is announced, there will be a runoff between the two best fantasy football team names of the summer to see which reigns supreme. Stay tuned and tell your league-mates to vote!
Here are today’s great reads:
- With Derrick Ward gone, Tampa Bay running back Kareem Huggins now only has a tough but fragile Cadillac Williams ahead of him on the depth chart. That is a short road to travel for fantasy-relevant playing time. Certainly not wishing any ill toward Caddy, though, after all he has been through during his career. [Roto Arcade]
- Keep an eye on the Cleveland running back situation early this season. With Montario Hardesty out, Jerome Harrison currently is the starting running back but struggled with ball control during the preseason. Do not forget about James Davis, who dazzled during the preseason last year before going down with a season-ending injury. [Fantasy Knuckleheads]
- Now that the Jets have Darrelle Revis in the fold, fantasy owners need to know when their receivers are making a trip to Revis Island. Here is a Revis cheat sheet that will help you figure out when you should expect your stud WR to take a vacation. [Pancake Blocks]
- Fantasy owners being the agony of choosing the right starting lineups this week. Some are suggesting that you should bench your studs in week one … Which makes me wonder, what would you do with a stud that has a bad matchup week one? Personally, I would find it hard to bench a guy I drafted to start every game the first week of the season. [CBSSports.com]
- The Chargers did not trade Vincent Jackson over the weekend, which now means VJax will miss at least the first six games of the regular season. Bad news for owners who took a chance on Jackson in the middle rounds of fantasy drafts. This continues to look like a lost cause. [National Football Post]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.