We have been taking submissions for our first best fantasy football team name contest of the summer, and now that we have reached the last week of July it is time to vote for your favorite.
We received a ton of submissions, as usual, and hand-picked these ten as the best so far this summer. Vote for you favorite and check back next week for the results. Poll will close Saturday at midnight.
July's best fantasy football team name?
- Roethlisberger Leftwich some Batch and got his Dixon (24%, 10 Votes)
- Gulf Coast Oilers (20%, 8 Votes)
- SumwhereOvaDwayneBowe (17%, 7 Votes)
- Warner before you Faulk her (12%, 5 Votes)
- Ditka Does Dallas (10%, 4 Votes)
- When Did I Eat Corn? (5%, 2 Votes)
- What Would JaMarcus Drink (5%, 2 Votes)
- Stafford Infection (2%, 1 Votes)
- Garçon With The Wind (2%, 1 Votes)
- Oops I Favred My Pants! (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 41
Also, we will start a new best fantasy football team name contest for the month of August next week. So if you did not have a chance to submit a name to this contest or if your name did not get chosen this go-around, come back next week and drop some names.
Here are today’s great reads:
- Pittsburgh’s biggest problem the last few years has been blocking. Whether it be protecting Ben Roethlisberger or opening running lanes, the Steelers’ offensive line has been suspect. Now with arguably its best player out for the 2010 season, Rashard Mendenhall’s fantasy value could be slipping. [FanHouse]
- Speaking of the Steelers, they check into the Fantasy Juggernaut Index at No. 22 for those keeping score at home. Other than Mendenhall, there are no real blockbuster fantasy players on this roster. [Roto Arcade]
- Pursuit of free agent Terrell Owens could come to a head this week. We speculated a few fun options recently (Washington, Chicago), but it appears the St. Louis Rams are making a push for Owens’ services. Playing indoors after his outdoor adventure in Buffalo last year could be good for his game. [The Big Lead]
- One of our favorite bloggers came out of hiatus last week and is blaming it all on Brett Favre. Why not? [Fantasy Football Fools]
- Training camp battles will start heating up this week as more camps across the country open. One for fantasy owners to watch: Devery Henderson vs. Robert Meachem. Henderson had a good season and a great postseason (especially Super Bowl) and Meachem found his way onto fantasy rosters last year via lots of big plays. Looking for an odd man out? Try Lance Moore. [Fantasy Clicks]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.