Of Andre and Calvin, the former seemed more likely to miss last weekend’s game than the latter.
But Andre suited up for the Texans on Sunday against Buffalo while Calvin, coming off a bye week, was unable to make the active roster for Detroit in a tasty match-up against St. Louis. Point, Andre.
Megatron is getting closer to seeing the field on game day according to his head coach, but getting closer is not good enough for his fantasy owners. Not having a WR1 in the lineup during non-idle weeks is a crushing blow to fantasy rosters, especially now during the playoff push.
Keep an eye on Calvin’s practice participation today, tomorrow and Friday. If he can shed a questionable label and/or practice in non-limited fashion, his chances of starting this Sunday will improve drastically.
Here are today’s great reads:
- More self-promotion: Remember to head over to the Librarian and vote for The Hazean in the reader’s choice awards! [Fantasy Football Librarian]
- More waiver wire love for Ryan Moats but also for Chargers’ receiver Malcom Floyd, who recently became a starter opposite Vincent Jackson. [Fantasy Football Fools]
- In case you were not sure, Maurice Jones-Drew is a really good start this weekend against Kansas City. Other useful running back rankings for week 9 as well. [Bruno Boys]
- Michael Crabtree has become the No. 1 target in San Francisco after only two weeks of football. He might actually be lucky the Raiders decided to pass on him in the first round. [Sports Data Hub]
- Win a $50 NFL.com gift card simply by choosing the top scoring quarterback for week 9. [The Fantasy Football Geek Blog]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.