Over the course of the last few weeks, eager fantasy football players have been submitting their finest fantasy football team names to date for the upcoming season.
There are some contenders. Not a bad start to the team-naming season, which runs until the kickoff of the 2009 NFL regular season in early September. Plenty of time to pick the right name for your most scrutinized team of all — the uber-competitive friends & family league.
That makes now a good time to float out some ideas. Below are the best fantasy football team names submitted for the month of August. Another contest, coming soon, will crown the best fantasy football team name of the summer.
After the conclusion of this poll, the three best fantasy football team names will compete not only for bragging rights but also for prizes. There is a T-shirt deal potentially in the works. Mock Draft Central has a premium membership to give away. There may even be something from us, too.
Vote after the jump.
This month’s poll will remain open until September 13 at midnight. Make sure to vote by then!
Best fantasy football team name?
- Kendra's Fun Basketts (25%, 39 Votes)
- Palmer? I Hardly Know Her (21%, 33 Votes)
- WD-Forte (15%, 24 Votes)
- Orton Hears a Who (11%, 17 Votes)
- Stafford Infection (10%, 15 Votes)
- Boldin the Beautiful (8%, 12 Votes)
- Flick the Beanie Wells (4%, 7 Votes)
- Andy's Sons of Anarchy (3%, 5 Votes)
- Esteban OchoCinco (3%, 4 Votes)
- The (Darren) Sharper Image (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 157