I briefly touched on the return of Brett Favre yesterday but wanted to expand on the fantasy implications a little bit this morning.
Some are not even going to take a look at the guy. Others will with earnest. In my first redraft of the summer last night, Favre was taken in the 8th round (*gasp*). That was premature considering he is not even currently being taken in mock drafts over at Fantasy Football Calculator (as of last night) and not until the 200s over at Mock Draft Central (well behind Jason Campbell, Marc Bulger and Chad Pennington).
The return of Favre had mixed results for the Vikings’ wide receivers in last night’s draft. Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice each went one round higher than their average draft positions. But Percy Harvin fell a round off his ADP and Visanthe Shiancoe was not even drafted in the 15 round, 12 team league draft.
So what does this tell you? Nothing, really, yet. It was Favre’s first day in purple and gold. Fantasy owners seem ready to jump on board his bandwagon, but not quite sure what to make of the receiving situation yet. I expect Berrian to become a hotter commodity going forward. Harvin and Shiancoe will rebound as well. Rice will be an enigma depending on what he can provide during the rest of the preseason.
The good news in all of this is that Adrian Peterson’s stock will not be touched by Favre’s presence, only — potentially — solidified.
Here are today’s great reads:
- If you are looking to consolidate the rankings of the major fantasy football sites, look no further than these composite rankings. [Fantasy Football Librarian]
- Some fantasy football observations after the first full weekend of preseason NFL football. [Sports Data Hub]
- The difference between standard leagues and point-per-reception leagues can make all the difference on players’ average draft positions. [Bruno Boys]
- Darren McFadden is looking like a stud ready to emerge from the 4th round of fantasy drafts this summer (4th round ADP according to Fantasy Football Calculator). [Roto Arcade]
- If consistency in fantasy football means everything to you, check out the kings of consistency. [FanHouse]
Got a pressing fantasy football question and need an answer now? Or just want to chat about all the recent developments in the sports’ world? Head over to The Hazean’s fantasy football forums for all that and more. Also remember to check out The Hazean’s fantasy rankings and mock draft database.
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean’s Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean’s Google Reader Shared Items page.