Blaine is a little tardy with this week’s Grab Bag, but who can blame him? There are only a few legitimate options on the wire this week for team’s chasing a fantasy football championship.
Tatum Bell is one name that jumps off the page. Denver lost another starting running back to injury when Peyton Hillis went down on Sunday and Bell stepped in to replace him to the tune of 11 carries for 52 yards and two catches for 16 yards. He is a risky option, but could put up decent numbers in the Denver system.
Tashard Choice is an obvious, umm, choice. Marion Barber owners especially need to claim Choice off the wire this week. John Carlson and Pierre Thomas continue to be hot and should be rostered in all leagues.
Here are today’s great reads:
- For more waiver wire help, the Librarian has a rundown of all kinds of advice from around the net. [Fantasy Football Librarian]
- The best defenses for your fantasy stars to go against heading forward. These are the match ups that could help you win this year. [Roto Arcade]
- Something really screwy is going on in Denver, particularly if you play running back. [Fantasy Football Fools]
- Clinton Portis is not at all happy with head coach Jim Zorn after getting yanked on Sunday Night Football. [Shutdown Corner]
- If the rookie wall truly does exist, Matt Forte seems to have broken through it. [FanHouse]
- Taking an early look at the top-20 fantasy players heading into the 2009 season. Scroll down to see the list. [Fantasy Clicks]
For more great reads, check out my Google Reader Shared Items page.