Lots of big new from around the league this weekend, and I wanted to recap some of the action.
First of all, football returned to television last night with the Hall of Fame game. Most of the starters were out early, but Jason Campbell of the Redskins looked very good in his limited action. Could be a nice sleeper pick this season.
Now, onto the big news of the weekend: Brett Favre got reinstated, and will rejoin the Packers at training camp today. There will be an open competition for the starting job between Favre and Aaron Rodgers, which should be interesting to watch develop.
Two big-name wide receivers received multiple-game suspensions: Steve Smith and Brandon Marshall. Read more about both guys below.
Here are today’s great reads:
- Find some value at quarterback with these three guys. [This Just In...]
- Steve Smith gets a two-game suspension for fighting last week. [The Fantasy Football Geek Blog]
- And Brandon Marshall gets three games. [FanHouse]
- What to do after the first five rounds of your fantasy draft. [Real Football 365]
- The ups and downs at training camps so far this summer. [Fantasy Football Fools]
- What to do if you have picks seven through nine of the first round in your draft. [This Just In...]
For more great reads, check out my Google Reader Shared Items page.
If you have some great fantasy football related reads to share, email them to: